We published an English and Turkish version of the main results of the research «The Ukrainians of Turkey: Society, Identity, Future». Available here:
The full report in Ukrainian is available here:
The survey was conducted by our research team in 2021.
We are grateful to the Embassy of Ukraine in the Republic of Turkey, in particular, Andriy Sybiha, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to the Republic of Turkey (2016-2021) as well as to the Lviv Regional State Administration, in particular its Head Maksym Kozytskyi, for providing assistance in this research.
In the research we:
• considered in detail the migration process from Ukraine to the Republic of Turkey;
• outlined a typical portrait of a Ukrainian migrant in this country;
• analyzed the causes and features of the migration process;
• identified problems of integration of Ukrainian migrants into the new society.
Special emphasis was made on the difficulties of Ukrainian migrants in this country, based on which:
• practical advice for newly arrived and potential Ukrainian emigrants to Turkey are proposed;
• proposals and recommendations for various actors in the public and private sectors are provided.
Also, we focused on:
• problems of preserving national identity and its transformation in Turkey;
• the process of Ukrainian communities’ creation and development;
• ways of maintaining migrants’ ties with Ukraine;
• migrants’ visions of their future and Ukrainian communities’ perspectives.